Sunday, November 22, 2009

All Dressed Up










I posted once before about my sister's wedding gown.  I started to explain the process and showed some of the design choices she chose from.  She was married in October and her photographer took some amazing pictures of her and the gown and is kindly allowing me to post them here to show you.  Please visit her blog at www.threewinksstudio.com/blog to see more of her work.

Mary's dress was a challenge in some ways.  The biggest problem I ran into was just having too little time between the fitting and the wedding.  While we fitted the muslin in the summer, I have to do several more fittings after that, sometimes as many as eight more.  My sister and I live in different states, so she had to fly out to Kansas for her fitting.  She couldn't come until two weeks before her wedding, which left very little time for me to finish everything that had to wait until the fitting was done.  I literally sewed for the whole two weeks in every spare moment, and then sewed the three days leading up to her wedding with very few breaks.  I totaled about 14 hours of sleep in four days.  To my very critical eye, the dress wasn't perfect, but she absolutely loved it and glowed in it.  Her husband loved it, too, and a wedding dressmaker can't ask for more than that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment